My mantra is “positive thoughts = positive results”. You cannot live a healthy life without a healthy mind first. I work to empower others to choose positive thoughts in order to create positive actions towards positive outcomes in their lives. With a strong, positive mind, you can free yourself to live the life you want. We practice strengthening the mind with “mental pushups” (positive, affirming thoughts) in all of my classes, workshops, and client sessions. From an intentional and positive place, they are empowered to take action towards making lifestyle changes in the areas they desire (fitness, nutrition, wellness, stress, relationships) in order to continue to live a life they love. I LOVE being a part of that process.
- Start the day with a large glass of water.
- Coffee can help get you going, but too much will make you crash and burn. One cup does the trick. After that, Im better off getting natural energy from movement, fresh air, and sunlight.
- A daily dose of apple cider vinegar will boost your energy and balance your stomach. Click here for my daily detox drink.
- Breakfast is essential. Taking the time for a solid sit down breakfast will help you have the power to fuel your entire day, avoid cravings, and limit late night eating. Here are a few of my favorite fast and easy breakfast ideas to fuel your busy life.
- EAT REAL FOOD. Not too much. Mostly plants. (Thanks Michael Pollan). Figure out your daily intake goals (protein, carbohydrate, fat, calories). Aim to get it daily. I use Livestrong.com “My Plate” to record an online food diary when I want to make sure Im getting the nutrients I need to succeed. Its completely free, has a large database, and is excellent. I'll keep a record for a few days on a regular basis to check in with myself and keep my healthy diet on track.
- Recover faster and get stronger with Vega Sport Performance protein. With 25 grams of complete, akaline-forming protein, you’ll improve strength and exercise performance and reduce recovery time between intense workouts (or long work days!). Take 45-90 minutes after a hard workout, bring with you to use for extra power for a long work day, or use while traveling to keep your nutrition on track.
- Eat every 2-3 hours helps keep blood glucose stable and to stay energized for whatever the day throws at you. Some of my favorite snacks include Vega Sport all natural protein bars and making a smoothie with Vega Sport protein. You can read my full list of all-natural healthy snacks to fuel energy and health here.
- Allow yourself the treats you love in moderation. Life is for living not deprivation. (I call it the 80/20 rule of healthy living!)
Black capris, simple workout top, and a zip up sweater. Basic black spandex capris are a must!
Caroline Jordan is a graduate from from the University of California, Davis with a degree in Communications and Dance, and is certified by WellCoaches, the American Council on Exercise, Aerobic and Fitness Association of America, Schwinn Cycling, Balletone, as well as several other health and wellness agencies.
FOR MORE ABOUT CAROLINE VISIT HER: